Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Macau

So today I spent the day in Macau. Last night I went to bed around 8pm and woke up at 6am...3 hours before everyone else! I spent the morning getting ready, facebooking, finding the guitar and playing it a bit, and eating dragonfruit! That was an adventure! I took a video, and am trying to upload it to facebook (while I still can before I go to mainland tomorrow where it is blocked!) so that some people can see it. It says there are 3 hours and 17 minutes left, and based on how slow it's been going I'll have to say I believe it!
Anyway..... Today. I went with Jon and Doris to the Concordia English Center. It was a good time. The morning I spent just sitting around reading the newspaper and facebooking. Then we had lunch together and some Chinese people came over. We ordered out, and I got rice with beef and onions. It was pretty good. Then I sat around while they had a meeting, and yeah. It was relaxing. I had the task of getting Christmas decorations out, too. That was an adventure. The "closet" was extremely packed...I had to PULL some racks of chairs out of the closet then pull out ANOTHER rack of chairs, and then finally look through all the boxes to see what was Christmas decorations. I pulled it out. I also pulled out all of the Christmas play stuff, but had to put it back cause they didn't want it out.
Then we just...waited. I ate supper (which I had purchased in the supermarket... frozen Beef Ho Fun...beef with noodles. (More like 2 very small pieces of beef and lots of pasta). I ate it with chopsticks, and the Chinese were impressed that I already knew how to use them :)
Then, we waited for people to get there. About 6 Chinese people came. We sang songs, watched a movie about the birth of Jesus, and decorated for Christmas. Oh--and had lots of treats.
They were very nice. I think I will love it here. Granted it will be different in the mainland, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.
I went to the 7-11 and got a Slurpee today. It was good. :)
I think that's about all I have for now. But it's really late and time for me to go to bed! I am getting tired since I've been up since 5:45am and it is now 12am!! I am ready to sleep.
Well, this will probably be my last personal blog. I head off to the mainland tomorrow and will no longer be able to access it. Megan will keep you updated though.
Have a wonderful day...night...day... whatever. Have a good one!
-Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment