So. I am in Macau again! I am able to be online and write freely. :) **and facebook!**
I am very sad to leave China. God is doing some pretty amazing things here, and I am blessed to have been a part of it. I hope to some day return again...hopefully right after graduation, but we'll see what God says. I spend some time with friends last night, packed, got about 2 hours of sleep, and then took the bus to Macau. 2 friends came with me. We then went to Pizza Hut, walked around the town, got lost, and are back at the center awaiting the time for me to leave. I have a few things I have to do yet, so I will have to cut this short.
I am amazed as I said before about what God's doing. In a country so closed to God, He has found a way to be wanted. People are so hungry for God, and are willing to hear about him and actually listen to what you have to say. They are so excited to learn English, and through that, it's easy to have questions come up about God. That way we can share the love of Christ little by little in a friendly way instead of preaching to deaf ears. The church is growing every day, and is such a wonderful thing in the city. I am so shocked at what I saw, and so excited when I heard stories of those coming to the Faith. I had some of my friends tell me that they were starting to pray. It gave me goosebumps. I cant even immagine what it must be like to have no Jesus, and then to know Jesus. Since I've known Jesus all my life, I have no idea how amazing it feels to finally have that part of you filled that you may not have realized was empty until it was filled!
But right now it's time for me to do some debriefing, so I will get going. My plane leaves in about 4.5 hours-ish, and I leave Asia in about.....maybe 8 hours? I am very sad to leave Asia, because even though I've only been here for about 6 weeks, I feel like this is home. I feel this is where God is leading me, but time will tell if that's just my human discernment taking over or if it really is God's plan for me.
Please pray for the people of China; especially in my city. Pray for the church there, and for all the teachers as well. Please also pray for those working the harvest field all over the world! From our home congregations to those working new "soil".
Remember: God loves you so much! He is so wonderful to us, and has a plan for all our lives. To HIM be the glory!
In His Love,
Alissa
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You might enjoy reading CREATED FOR COMMITMENT by Audrey Wetherall Johnson very much. She had a heart for the Chinese people too, and she stayed in china for about 15 years.
ReplyDelete