Monday, January 18, 2010

1/17

So. Life is continuing as normal, I guess. It's Sunday afternoon/evening...whatever it is at 6. I leave for America in a couple days, but there is so much to do before then. Right now I'm at the office just listening to the very loud Chinese conversations...not that I can understand them cause they're in Chinese, but I realized that when I get back, I will miss it. I like being surrounded by this culture, and I am thinking Dad for giving me this opportunity to be here. I guess we'll have to see if He has anything else in store for me here or if he has something prepared for me elsewhere. Only He knows, and He will reveal it in His time.

I had a good week of classes. Thursday and Friday I taught at the local boarding school. The kids were actually good. We played Simon Says and Head Up 7 Up. They really liked the games. I really enjoyed the time with the little kids, because they just cling onto you and don't let go. And they like to play!! It's great.

The free class yesterday went well. The kids were fun. We taught family words, such as grandmother, grandfather, mother, sister, father, brother, etc. It went well. Today, I taught morning classes. The teacher I am staying with is really sick right now, so I took over for her this morning. The kids were great. They were learning various things at various levels, but it was fun meeting them and getting to lead them in some fun activities. In about an hour I have classes again, and we'll have to see how those go. They're usually amazing. Last week we had a very large group and I hope we'll have a big group again tonight.

Anyway, as I'm preparing to come home, just think of me and the people here as I will be leaving them and they will continue on in this AMAZING job that Dad has put in place. I will probably write another update as I am leaving, but if not, I'll see you when I return from the future ;)

--Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment