SO I was at a conference this weekend in Chicago, and I was asked when I left for China. The date happened to be November 12, and I realized that it is just ONE MONTH before I leave! (Well, now less than a month!) I am super excited for this! I still have some papers to send in, and some things to take care of, but for the most part I am ready. I got some mental readiness this weekend at the conference as I talked with people who are currently doing the exact same thing that I am about to do: teach English in Asia! They encouraged me as I will be on my way soon!
I saw God working so much in my life this week. I walked downtown Chicago and just saw the crap that there was. There were so many homeless and hopeless. My heart just went out to them. I wasn't able to do much, but I was able to talk with a few people downtown and hear what was going on. It's hard to just see through the fake story that they tell you and realize that behind that front there is a hurting man. I don't know if the message of hope got across to the man I talked to, but I think that he at least heard about the Christian homeless shelter and will find his way there. After that, he will hopefully hear about what Christ has done for him! Isn't God good?!
Well, I'm off to play some frisbee :) Gotta love playing Ultimae on warm fall days!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment